cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using CubeIDE higher than 1.11.2 with H7 (Nucleo-H745 and custom-Board with STM32H745BIT6

Sven1
Associate II

Hello,

I still have to remain in CubeIDE V 1.11.2 cause every higher version KILLS my existing projects!

My main problem is (perhaps there are much more problems I don't even know right now..?..), that when I open (with the CubeMX integrated in CubeIDE) my long-lasting (and always working!!) .ioc-files of existing projects no longer offers the possibility to choose the option for:

HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY);

It is simply not present any more !!

One of my projects was a template of the Nucleo-H745 and the other is a STM32H745BIT6-Custom-Board - both started by scratch with CubeIDE (Version about 2 years ago).

The result: Compiling and starting the project leads to a bricked Nucleo-Board which only can re-animated by using the Boot-Pin and cleaning the Flash with CubeProgrammer

Looking in the newer CubeIDEs the "PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY"-Option is simply not present => Why ??

If I start a complete new project the option is there again... => Aha !!

...but...

What does this mean: Do I have to do all the other settings again and set up a complete new project ??

Do You think that only YOU at ST earn money with your life-time and all we other idiots (like your other customers an me) love to spend hours/days/weeks of our life-time to have fun with struggling with the mysterys you give us "for free" ??

That is not the way I want to work.

...and even....

If there are non-solveable problems - please write about them in the errata...

...and explain how to solve them...

In this way you at least won't loose your face...

P.S.: By the way: I absolutely hate forced cloud-connections - Why shall my CubeIDE now must always be logged in to your cloud (or what ever)??

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

Rant aside, the IOC file is text. Likely you can examine and fix whatever went wrong. Or include it here and someone can examine.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".