cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add expansion package (x-cube-aws for example) to STM32CubeIDE ?

VChur.1
Associate II

How to add expansion package (x-cube-aws for example) to STM32CubeIDE ?

I cant find any information about it ... for example, if I try to add via "help/Embedded Software Packages Manager" it write me "Problem during load of selected File" - "Invalid zip file or missing expected Pdsc file within pack root directory."

And many "water" information about "Expansion Packages" about content, structure etc. and none instruction how to add it to STM32CubeIDE !!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
VChur.1
Associate II

Nobody have used x-cube-* expansion packages with STM32CubeIDE?

Guillaume K
ST Employee

You can try to unzip the Cube expansion package and use STM32CubeIDE's "import SW4STM32 project" function on the SW4STM32 projects provided in the expansion package.

Use recent CubeIDE version (1.2.0).

No guarantee.

Guillaume K
ST Employee

just to clarify: Cube expansion packages are not CMSIS packs and can't be imported in STM32CubeIDE with "help/Embedded Software Packages Manager" menu.

They are just .zip files with full sources , HALs, and project files (IAR EWARM, Keil MDK-ARM, System Workbench). You have to unzip the files and run your prefered IDE with the project files. As CubeIDE is quite recent some projects may not be provided yet in this format.

So its not true in documentation?

"4.2 Architecture.

This section describes the software components of the X-CUBE-AWS package. The X-CUBE-AWS is an expansion for the STM32Cube. Its main features and characteristics are: • It complies with the STM32Cube architecture • It expands the STM32Cube in order to enable the development of applications accessing and using the AWS IoT • It is based on the STM32Cube HAL, which is the hardware abstraction layer for the STM32 microcontrollers...."

MEiby.1
Associate

I am new to X-CUBE-AWS version 2.0 and are trying to get it to work fo the B-L4S5I-IOT01A. I read the user manual UM2178, but can not really figure out how to get it installed and use it together with STM32CubeIDE. The user manual states “...is installed as a whole, as a third-party middleware in the STM32Cube source tree�?. However, I haven’t figured out where and how the “STM32Cube source tree�? is. I appreciate any help in getting this working.