cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE cannot clean project

Lars Beiderbecke
Senior III

I've just now switched from TrueSTUDIO to CubeIDE 1.7.0, and when I tried to clean the project by selecting Project -> Clean ... from the menu, I got an error message:

19:26:52 **** Clean-only build of configuration Debug for project xx ****
make clean 
make: *** No rule to make target 'clean'. Stop.
"make clean" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.
19:26:53 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 116ms)

Why did CubeIDE not migrate that correctly, and how can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I did it wrong. I reused the workspace of TrueSTUDIO, which did not make me import things, and which broke various controls.

When I start CubeIDE in a blank workspace, I can import the project and everything seems to work alright. The only thing that seems missing are the scripts for Run and Debug configurations, but maybe they're not needed any more.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Does the project build after that? If yes, ignore the clean error.

Sorry, good question, but the answer is no.

Even if I change my code (e.g., by commenting out a line), Ctrl-B yields

**** Build of configuration Debug for project xx ****

Nothing to build for project xx

Never mind, I deinstalled CubeIDE again, as it cannot import a TrueSTUDIO project without breaking things.

@Lars Beiderbecke​ kind of pity ... myself TrueStudio import works like a charm since STM32CubeIDE day0. Still if 1.7.0.

How do you import TrueStudio project ?????

"File > Open Project From File System" or "File > Import > General > Import Atollic TrueStudio" are both way to do. Any other is not suitable.

Works 2 clicks like a charm what's by the way not so surprising moving from an Eclipse based proposal to another.

I've got a try to only "File > Import > General > Existing projects into workspace" such is leading to same behavior you're reporting:

0693W00000D0uZxQAJ.png 

Thinking not tool issue but usage one .... ��

Yes, I did it wrong. I reused the workspace of TrueSTUDIO, which did not make me import things, and which broke various controls.

When I start CubeIDE in a blank workspace, I can import the project and everything seems to work alright. The only thing that seems missing are the scripts for Run and Debug configurations, but maybe they're not needed any more.