cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect via USB in sparkfun stm32 board. No ST-Link detected error.

TBart.1
Associate II

Hi.

I have a board: SparkFun Thing Plus - STM32 - SparkFun DEV-17712

Can I run the project directly via USB on this board?

In stm32cubeprogrammer, I connect normally via USB, unfortunately in STM32CubeIDE, I have an error: No ST-Link Detected. I don't have the st-link / v2 programmer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct, if you don't have an ST-LINK it ain't going to find one.

>>Can I run the project directly via USB on this board?

Perhaps not, do they have their own loader with a drag-n-drop type USB MSC where you can copy .BIN files?

The USB connectivity mode of STM32 parts is to attach/reset whilst pressing a "BOOT" button or such holding the BOOT0 pin HIGH.

The device you then enumerate as an "STM32 BOOT DEVICE" or something very similar

You would then need to use STM32 Cube Programmer in USB mode, or look at what the Command Line version takes as options on the command line.

You're not going to be able to debug via the USB/DFU methods

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Correct, if you don't have an ST-LINK it ain't going to find one.

>>Can I run the project directly via USB on this board?

Perhaps not, do they have their own loader with a drag-n-drop type USB MSC where you can copy .BIN files?

The USB connectivity mode of STM32 parts is to attach/reset whilst pressing a "BOOT" button or such holding the BOOT0 pin HIGH.

The device you then enumerate as an "STM32 BOOT DEVICE" or something very similar

You would then need to use STM32 Cube Programmer in USB mode, or look at what the Command Line version takes as options on the command line.

You're not going to be able to debug via the USB/DFU methods

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AScha.3
Chief II

so buy a ST-LINK , or another STM-board with ST-LINK onboard.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".