cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1) Debug does nothing (both menu and icon). No messages, no warnings, no logs, nothing. Yet it works at home. 2) In project generate code advanced settings, turned off MX_BlueNRG update options, yet it still overwrites all my changes in modifying service

robertwood9170
Associate II

Originally, it seemed to work okay. Now I can't get it to work at all after many days of trying, and in addition, whenever I write code, my code keeps getting over-written and my files deleted. I have installed openocd, but can't get the ide to download with that or with jlink. The debug button seems to do absolutely nothing. I would gladly change to not using stmcubeide, and revert to a classical gcc, makefile, with gdb, but I don't know how to take existing project and generate a makefile that can be used. For example, currently, makefile is in Debug directory, and "clean all" deletes everything in this directory including makefile and all the subdir.mk files that are in the Debug hierarchy and are required. I'm completely lost on how to go forward on development. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. For example, should I go to System Workbench of just start working on getting a classical makefile, gdb environment going? As far as I can tell, stmcubeide gets itself into an unusable mode, and there is no way out of it; or at least no information on how to get it working again. And the file over-writing and file deleting makes it completely unusable.

0 REPLIES 0