cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace disabled on STM32MP157A-DK1?

Yujia.L
Associate

I am trying to record instruction traces on-chip via ETF on a stm32mp157a-dk1 board, but the data read from FIFO through RRD is always 0. During the debugging process, I found the value of ETM_AUTHSTAT is 0x08, which means non-secure non-invasive debug disabled.

uint32_t ret;
    void __iomem *vaddr = ioremap(ETM_AUTHSTAT, 4);
    ret =  __raw_readl(vaddr);
    iounmap(vaddr);

0693W00000Dpe2VQAR.jpgAfter that, I tried to read DBG_AUTHSTAT and BSEC_DENABLE respectively:

[10725.551984] Check some registers......
[10725.555600] BSEC_DENABLE:047F
[10725.565686] DBG_AUTHSTAT:00FF

It seems all debug signals are 1.

So what I want to confirm is whether the trace function is disabled on my board? Is it because stm32mp1 supports the Security Extensions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply OlivierK, I've already solved this problem 🙂

From the results of various attempts, I made 2 mistakes before:

1. The trace clock was not enabled, that's why I cannot get any data from ETF. Then I added these codes and it worked!

write_reg(0x5000080C, 0x0301);
reg = read_reg(0x5000080C);
pr_info("RCC_DBGCFGR: %04X\n", reg);

2. It seems the ETM_AUTHSTAT can be enabled by ETMPDN, not permanently disabled. It’s just the name made me believe it’s OTP related

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi Yujia.L (Community Member)

Did you manage to progress on the issue? I don't have the DK1 board at hand but the DK2 board have the same settings regarding BSEC_DENABLE after linux boot. The NSNI and NSI are by default set to 1. Which mode register did you select for the ETF?

Thanks for your reply OlivierK, I've already solved this problem 🙂

From the results of various attempts, I made 2 mistakes before:

1. The trace clock was not enabled, that's why I cannot get any data from ETF. Then I added these codes and it worked!

write_reg(0x5000080C, 0x0301);
reg = read_reg(0x5000080C);
pr_info("RCC_DBGCFGR: %04X\n", reg);

2. It seems the ETM_AUTHSTAT can be enabled by ETMPDN, not permanently disabled. It’s just the name made me believe it’s OTP related

OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi Yujia.L (Community Member)

Thank you for your inputs. For sure it will help others on this topic.

Regards,

Olivier