cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP135F-DK SD and SNOR external loader for Baremetal

DalH
Associate

Hello,

Recently, a STM32CubeMP13 Package has beed added by ST ( here on the wiki, here on github). I tried to use external loader with STM32MP135F-DK board, the same board used in the wiki.

First, I used SD external loader, with UART and USB connection, following instruction described here. For USB connection, CubeProgrammer gave me these errors : 

DalH_1-1706282343874.png

With UART connection, flashin service work, but when I change boot mode for microSD card and reset, I get nothing on serial port and red led LD4 is blinking. The expected operation, as indicated in the wiki, is to have the blue LED flashing and a message via the serial link.

I also tried to flash the program in SNOR memory. With UART connection, I have the same result except for red led, who is not blinking but turned on. With USB connection, I have the same error as with the sd card.

DalH_2-1706283205443.png

I use STM32CubeProgrammer 2.15 and I was careful to choose the right boot mode

Since I'm using the same development board and following the same process as described on the wiki with the latest version of STM32CubeProgrammer, I'm having trouble understanding the cause of this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @DalH ,

Is the SDCard you are using already formated/used for other purpose ? 

We have one limitation today with CubeProg/External loader preventing to write some SDCard depending of the format. 

You might use a totally virgin SDCard or execute with CubeProg following TSV you can find in an OpenSTLinux StarterPackage : 

\images\stm32mp1\flashlayout_st-image-weston\deleteall\FlashLayout_disco_stm32mp135f-dk-deleteall.tsv

Else there's no SNOR on DK MP13. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @DalH ,

Is the SDCard you are using already formated/used for other purpose ? 

We have one limitation today with CubeProg/External loader preventing to write some SDCard depending of the format. 

You might use a totally virgin SDCard or execute with CubeProg following TSV you can find in an OpenSTLinux StarterPackage : 

\images\stm32mp1\flashlayout_st-image-weston\deleteall\FlashLayout_disco_stm32mp135f-dk-deleteall.tsv

Else there's no SNOR on DK MP13. 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your reply, it solved my problem of flashing the microSD card.