cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenAMP_TTY_echo_wakeup can't manage to wakeup M4

SScar.2
Senior

Hi there,

I'm developing on a STM32MP157 custom board. I'm trying to work with power modes, and I tried to import the OpenAMP_TTY_echo_wakeup example inside our M4 firmware.

I already had the IPCC module set up and I use virtUart periperal without any problem.

I can send the "*stop" message and I can see that the M4 stops working (and also consumes less), however if I try to send "echo "wakeup" >/dev/ttyRPMSG0" the M4 won't wakeup (the last trace says [00033.410][INFO ]Going into CStop mode ).

Is there anything that may be set in the devicetree that i'm not setting? I have a wakeup button to exit from A7 Cstop that works fine.

Thanks so much

EDIT: probably the clocks (specially M4 side) are not the same. Is there any configuration preferable?

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SScar.2​ ,

Did you experiment "OpenAMP_TTY_echo_wakeup" on one ST board first ?

Did you notice that such example requires a Device Tree extension profile named "stm32mp157c-dk2-m4-examples" in order to properly allocate the involved resources ?

I you don't find root cause, on next iteration please share your dts and logs.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​ ,

first of all, thanks for your reply!

First question: No, I didn't test it on the dev board (I have an STM32MP157F-DK2) because I took for granted that on the dev board works without problems (I trust ST a lot :D )

Second question: No, I didn't notice that, and it's exactly the answer I needed!

I will let you know if I'm able to solve the problem,

Thanks a lot for the support

Simone

PS: It may sounded as a stupid question, but I'm not familiar with M4 examples, and I dind't read anything about dts dependencies in readme file in examples folder!

Hi @SScar.2​ ,

Yes you're right, I discover also that readme file not mention the DTS dependencies.

Information is spread in Wiki:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeMP1_Package_release_note_-_v1.6.0#Available_projects

STM32CubeMP1 Package - stm32mpu

I will report this for enhancement.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.