cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I have a question regarding ST marketing on the STM32MP1 devices. According to the page, it states "STM32MP1 users can now choose from several IDEs from leading vendors and enjoy free license"

PBart.3
Associate II

Which IDEs can be used for free in order to download/debug my application in an asynchronous fashion as two cores are running the the same time. I have taken a look on some suppliers (Tools & Software), but it looks like that you need to pay a some money in order to use their eclipse-based IDEs. I mean, how can I evaluate if this MPU family is suitable for our project if I need to invest further money just for a license. I just want to make clear, I am not interested in trail licenses just for testing (limited amout of few kBs ). I would like to know if free IDEs without any bottleneck are available which allow me to develop/port my existing applications into this target? Where can I find it and if applicable where is the corresponding documentation?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Activating and configuring components on the A7 side will trigger STM32CubeIDE to generate DTS code that configures the peripherals accordingly, just like on any other embedded Linux system running on an Arm chip. The Linux kernel modules for each peripheral parses the device tree and configures themselves. You then interact with the peripherals using typical Linux subsystems.

More specifically, you mentioned tick interrupts and PWM callbacks on the A7. Linux has timer callbacks built into the kernel. I've never seen PWM toggle/reload/etc IRQs used in Linux, mainly because Linux IRQ latency is so bad. If the existing Linux PWM / IIO / HRTIMER subsystem is inadequate for your needs, considering doing it on the M4 core.