cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Issues on Develop on Arm® Cortex®-A7 > Install the SDK For the STM32 MPU Ecosystem V5

m4l490n
Associate III

I'm starting to check the documentation for the STM32MP1 MPU and I'm reading the Install the SDK guide. Everything in the instructions works perfectly fine except this:

$CC --version

Which is the second to last instruction to verify if the environment is correctly setup. The article says I should see this:

arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 12.3.0
Copyright (C) 2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

But I see this:

no such file or directory: arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -mthumb -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/home/user/Projects/STM32MPU-Ecosystem-v5.1.0/Developer-Package/SDK/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-ostl-linux-gnueabi

Is there something missing in the instructions? Or did I do something wrong? I just followed all the steps exactly as mentioned in the article.

1 REPLY 1
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @m4l490n ,
I do not get exactly when your error happens in comparison with you guide your are pointing on. Can you please clarify in which context this error happens ? 

If there are items not found by the SDK source environment, can you confirm you did not move manually the location of the SDK folders after its installation ? I also advice to reinstall the SDK if you think you made all right.

Do no hesitate to come back with more information if you are still in trouble.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.