cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications regarding Stm32mp157f -dk2 with openstlinux

Srikanth1
Senior

Hello

I have built the st-example-image-qt using openstlinux(Openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v23.07.26)  to run a qt application for stm32mp157f-dk2 board.I could run the application the application successfully.

It would be very helpful to move forward with my further development, if i could get the clarifications regarding the below mentioned points :

1.How to enable window manager support in the example image that i am working with.

2.How to implement  debugging of  QT Application using remote gdb server.

3.How to display on application on DSI and HDMI simultaneously.

Thanks in Advance

Srikanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Srikanth1 ,
Please try to launch your Qt application with a such script : 

# !/bin/sh

export QSG_INFO=1
export QML2_IMPORT_PATH=~/imports/
export PATH=/usr/local/qt5-install/bin/:/usr/local/apitrace/bin:$PATH
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland

#Execute the Qt program
export XDG_RUNTIME_SESSION=wayland; export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/`id -u weston`; export WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-1; cd <PATH_APPLICATION> && ./<APPLICATION>

Replace <PATH_APPLICATION> and <APPLICATION> by your own information.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Srikanth1 ,

1) If you use EGLFS distro as explained in this chapter, you will not be able to have a window manager. This is the principe of EGLFS, it has no windowing system. On the other hand, it is more performant. 

To get a window manager with Qt, you should use qtwayland as explained in this chapter. Be careful, if you are not in fullscreen for your application, you will have more composition to process on the rendering screen. 

2) ST provides a way to bring Qt into its own distribution, but all that concerns the Qt developing process is not part of ST anymore. I invite you to get the necessary information from Qt website such as :

3) It is not something possible on stm32mp157f-dk2. The LTDC can accept only one pixel-clock and timing configuration, so you have to chose between HDMI or DSI output. 

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Erwan

Firstly, Thanks for the reply.

According to Your Suggestions on my queries:

1.I have changed the distribution to weston and built st-example-image-qtwayland and implemented the same QT application executable file but it gives me the error mentioned in the attached screenshot.

Srikanth1_0-1722508237823.png

2. I would refer it the links You have shared.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth

@Srikanth1 ,
Please try to launch your Qt application with a such script : 

# !/bin/sh

export QSG_INFO=1
export QML2_IMPORT_PATH=~/imports/
export PATH=/usr/local/qt5-install/bin/:/usr/local/apitrace/bin:$PATH
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland

#Execute the Qt program
export XDG_RUNTIME_SESSION=wayland; export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/`id -u weston`; export WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-1; cd <PATH_APPLICATION> && ./<APPLICATION>

Replace <PATH_APPLICATION> and <APPLICATION> by your own information.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

Hello Erwan

Thanks for the reply and i would try to launch with the similar script you have suggested.

Thanks& Regards

Srikanth