cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenST creating your own distro - envsetup.sh can't find distro.conf in other layers

Hammy
Associate III

I want to create my own distro for OpenSTLinux but it seems like the envsetup.sh file is dependent on the distro.conf file being located in the meta-st directory. This is a little hard because I am trying to not modify the meta-st layer but am trying to build on it. What would be the best way to create my own distro.conf file that is usable by the envsetup.sh but storable in another layer. I am using a hardlink pointing to the other layer for now.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_create_your_own_distribution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Hammy​,

I think ST does not test a such use case, as the envsetup.sh source script has been made for our distributions.

But after taking a look at the script itself, it seems that the layer path used is layers/meta-st by default, but can be overwritten by changing the META_LAYER_ROOT variable before executing the script.

I did not test it myself and ST does not support other distros than the ones it provides, but I hope this information can help you to solve your issue.

Please keep me in touch.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Hammy​,

I think ST does not test a such use case, as the envsetup.sh source script has been made for our distributions.

But after taking a look at the script itself, it seems that the layer path used is layers/meta-st by default, but can be overwritten by changing the META_LAYER_ROOT variable before executing the script.

I did not test it myself and ST does not support other distros than the ones it provides, but I hope this information can help you to solve your issue.

Please keep me in touch.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hammy
Associate III

Ok, good to know! I'll make the changes as needed.