cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify stm32mp1.c file on OpenSTLinux (Yocto approach)

RBruè.1
Associate II

Hi, I need to edit the "stm32mp1.c" file inside the uboot sources, in particular I have to set the following change on line 413:

nb_blink = 4;	

How can I do that on OpenSTLinux (Yocto approach) ?

Where is the file and how can I maintain such edit after recompiling the images ?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Riccardo Bruè​ ,

Please refer to :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu-ecosystem-v2/wiki/How_to_cross-compile_with_the_Distribution_Package#Modifying_the_U-Boot

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

not answering directly to your question, but changing this 'nb_blink' in this file could mean you want to remove the boot dependency to USB Type-C supply detection.

This could be done easily by commenting the following line in uboot Device Tree.

/* st,adc_usb_pd = <&adc1 18>, <&adc1 19>; */

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you, I am now trying this solution. I've edited the DK2_A7/u-boot/stm32mp157c-dk2_a7-mx-u-boot.dtsi file.