cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facing ERROR: icu-66.1-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed during Building the OpenSTLinux distribution

Arahm.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm working on STM32MP157A-DK1. By following this linkhttps://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package tried building the image for STM32MP157A-DK1 but i facing the error ERROR: icu-66.1-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed during build. attached build log.

i tried to resolve with the command "bitbake -c cleanall icu-native" and build still it fails. if i separately build "bitbake icu-native" it build fine but if i run command bitbake st-image-weston

the error comes up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hello @Arahm.1​ 

Thank you for your reply and your detailed explanations.

You wrote your ecosystem is v2.1 but the tag openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31 you used points to the ecosystem v3.0.

There may be mismatch between old data from a previous build based on 2.1 and this one based on v3.0?

Could you try to clean the bitbake cache and redo the build of the icu package with the following commands?

PC $> bitbake -c cleansstate icu
PC $> bitbake icu

Best regards,

--JM

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @Arahm.1​ 

the build log only contains the line:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Could you provide the distribution of the host machine on which you run the bitbake command, the ecosystem you use (v2.1? v3.0?) and the list of commands you performed please?

Best regards,

--JM

Arahm.1
Associate II

Hi @Jean-Marc B​ 

I have updated the log file in the above description. the eco system used is v2.1.

Steps:

PC $> cd <working directory path>/Distribution-Package

PC $> mkdir openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31

PC $> cd openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31

PC $> repo init -u https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/oe-manifest.git -b refs/tags/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31

PC $> repo sync

PC $> DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1-disco source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

PC $> bitbake st-image-weston

thanks

Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hello @Arahm.1​ 

Thank you for your reply and your detailed explanations.

You wrote your ecosystem is v2.1 but the tag openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31 you used points to the ecosystem v3.0.

There may be mismatch between old data from a previous build based on 2.1 and this one based on v3.0?

Could you try to clean the bitbake cache and redo the build of the icu package with the following commands?

PC $> bitbake -c cleansstate icu
PC $> bitbake icu

Best regards,

--JM

Arahm.1
Associate II

Hey @Jean-Marc B​ 

thanks a lot the issue is resolved and build is completed. build creates the image openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-disco/tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp1-disco/flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

but it doesn't create image for stm32mp157a-dk1. how can I create image for stm32mp157a-dk1 and how to add other debian packages as part of image?

thanks

Jean-Marc B
ST Employee

Hi @Arahm.1​ 

I am really glad you fixed the initial issue. To help community to find solutions, please click on "Select as Best" for my reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For the next issue related to the dk1 image, I don't have the reply at first glance. Would it be possible to open a new topic so other people help you please? It would be more efficient than my poor knowledge 😉

Best regards

--JM

Arahm.1
Associate II

sure

Thanks for your help