cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WB55 - Error changing firmware of wireless coprocessor

SBebi.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have a "STM32WB55 Nucleo Pack" kit which includes a STM32WB55 nucleo board (MB1355C) and a USB DONGLE STM32WB55 (MB1293C).

Today, I uploaded the "BLE_p2pServer" demo to the nucleo board and problem, nothing happens, LED2 stays green instead of blinking. I uploaded the "BLE_p2pClient" demo, same thing LED2 remains green and press SW1, blue LED1 does not light up.

So I thought it was a problem with the wireless coprocessor firmware of the nucleo board, so I followed the guide "Release_Notes.html" in order to update the FUS and the wireless coprocessor firmware. FUS from 0.5.6 to 1.2.0 at address 0x080EC000, it worked and I get the correct version of FUS. Then, I updated the wireless coprocessor firmware "stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin" to address 0x080CA000, but there problem, "Error: The FUS version you're trying to install is older / equal to the FUS version already installed!". It is impossible to start the stack, I get the error "Error: FUS_STATE_IMG_NOT_FOUND".

So, when I uploaded a demo, I find exactly the same problem, LED2 lights up green and nothing more. I do not understand the error message because I am not modifying the FUS !!! I tried to modify the FUS and the wireless coprocessor firmware on the USB dongle and it worked ?!

I have tried with CLI commands and the GUI, DFU and SWD, try to modify the FUS version (now impossible as it is the last version), clear memory, etc. still the same result. The options bytes are correct, except the SFSA which remains at 0xf4 even after adding the wireless coprocessor firmware. 

Despite all the actions I was able to perform, nothing could solve the problem. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone with the same problem as me. Does someone have an idea ?

Thank you so much,

Steven

10 REPLIES 10
SBebi.1
Associate II

Hi, I managed to do the manipulation, the entire FLASH memory has been erased. I tried to put on the FUS and did not work. I saw that the OB were empty, so I reset them to default (write protection then user configuration then read protection) like last configuration. I successfully uploaded the FUS v1.2, then tried to upload the Wireless Firmware... Same error... :'(