cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Via USB interface the -rst using CLI was not working and even in GUI these options were grayed out or not available. I have tried reset=SWrst/HWrst, but it did not work. Is there any way to reset the microcontroller via USB?

Mkuma.7
Associate III

Via USB interface the -rst using CLI was not working and even in GUI these options were grayed out or not available. Please refer the below images for reference.Using the WB package - 1.15

Using the STM32Cubeprogrammer - 2.12

Is there any possible way to reset the microcontroller via USB?

6 REPLIES 6
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @Mkuma.7​,

Thanks for your feedback,

The reset via USB is only available for MPUs, the screenshot you shared is from the Available commands for STM32 MPU section of the help menu. For MCUs, this instruction is only available via ST-LINK interfaces.

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Mkuma.7
Associate III

Hello Aziz BRIGUI,

So you mean there is no way to reset the micro-controller, right?

Mkuma.7
Associate III

I mean via USB

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @Mkuma.7​,

Yes, as far as I know, there's no way to reset the MCU via USB with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Mkuma.7
Associate III

Hello Aziz,

Is there any way via FUSES to reset the micro-controller?

Mkuma.7
Associate III

@Aziz BRIGUI​ 

Is there any way via FUSES to reset the micro-controller?