cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32CubeMonitor-RF How to test STM32WB55CEU6

Nemonas
Associate II

Hello,

I am using the STM32WB55CEU6 chip and while trying to check the functionality with the STM32CubeMonitor-RF I am getting the following error: "Device under test not responding COM port closed"

• Upgraded "stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw.bin" and "P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo -> BLE_TransparentMode"

Normal operation was confirmed when the P-NUCLEO-WB55 board was powered up using the same procedure.

Please advise if the procedure is wrong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AGin.1
Associate

I used the: stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin instead of the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw.bin

and it seemed to work.

I was testing using the: BLE_TransparentModeVCP . The readme.txt says to use the extended bin, but it did not work, saying the "Device under test not responding COM port closed", but it connects using the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin

Make sure you program the stack in the correct location and that the Stack is started.

If you start the FUS to read back the version, you need to ensure you start the stack again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AGin.1
Associate

I used the: stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin instead of the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw.bin

and it seemed to work.

I was testing using the: BLE_TransparentModeVCP . The readme.txt says to use the extended bin, but it did not work, saying the "Device under test not responding COM port closed", but it connects using the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin

Make sure you program the stack in the correct location and that the Stack is started.

If you start the FUS to read back the version, you need to ensure you start the stack again.