cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use STM32WB5MMG as a network co processor

RMoc.1
Associate II

Currently I am using BlueNRG M2 which acts as a network co processor which I communicate with my main controller. I have some data processing application for which I have to use other main controller and cannot use the processor of BlueNRG M2

Now, I have to use several features of BLE which are present in STM32WB5MMG module and not in BlueNRG M2 like LE 2M PHY for which I am forced to use STM32WB5MMG.

I searched but couldn't find any resource on how to use STM32WB5MMG module as a network co processor only so that my other main controller can work on DSP part while I use STM32WB5MMG only for BLE related application? Is there a way I can use it as a network co processor only?

3 REPLIES 3
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello @RMoc.1 (Community Member)

You can use BLE_AT_Server example available in the STM32Cube_FW_WB below:

.\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.x.x\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_AT_Server\Binary\BLE_AT_Server_reference.hex

STM32WB5MMG is based on same device than NucleoWB55 board.

There is also our wiki which describe all serial AT command available and you can easily use any external mcu with a UART peripheral.

https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/stm32mcu/wiki/Connectivity:STM32WB_AT_Server

Best regards,

Romain,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can look the B-U585I-IOT02A Discovery kit which is a development platform based on STM32U585AI microcontroller and embeds the STM32WB5MMG for Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity.

Best Regards

RMoc.1
Associate II

Thanks for your inputs @RomainR.​ & @Remy ISSALYS​.

I am looking for communicating via SPI. Will look into the resources shared and get back.