cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating advertisement packet after waking up from standby mode (WB15CC)

rs-dp
Associate II

Hi,

My application (WB15CC) stays most of the time in standby mode transmitting the advertainment packet. After a couple of minutes, the advertainment packet must be updated. When I try to update the packet after waking up from the standby mode, the firmware hangs on any of the GAP API routines, e.g. aci_gap_set_non_discoverable()aci_gap_set_discoverable()  or aci_gap_update_adv_data().

I've edited the startup code by adding the CPUcontextSave and CPUcontextRestore routines, similar to the BLE_HeartRate example, to restore the CPU context when waking up from the standby mode. Indeed, the CPU is restored correctly I am able to register a new task inside the UTIL_SEQ_PostIdle() routine, however my task can't update the packet.

Can someone elucidate me what are the steps to update the advertisement packet when coming out of the standby mode?

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @rs-dp 

To update the advertising data without stopping the advertising, I suggest you use the command ACI_GAP_UPDATE_ADV_DATA.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.