cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suitability of STM32L072 series MCU for FFT analysis of vibration data.

KK.4
Associate II

We are trying build a LoRa based vibration sensor node. We are using Murata's 1SJ open MCU based LoRa model, having inbuilt STM32L072 controller. We wanted to ensure the suitability of the inbuilt MCU for vibration measurement and analysis. We wanted to do FFT transformation of the vibration data with help of the DSP library provided with CMSIS. We also intend to use  X-CUBE-DSPDEMO cube expansion package for the same. Does STM32L0 series controllers are capable of taking such workloads or should I go for an external MCU (say with Cortex-M4 core)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It should be more than sufficient for doing an FFT on a few vibrometer channels at reasonable sampling rates.

Certainly an M4 core with a floating point module gives you better accuracy and speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

It should be more than sufficient for doing an FFT on a few vibrometer channels at reasonable sampling rates.

Certainly an M4 core with a floating point module gives you better accuracy and speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Robin Aproskie
Associate II

Hi

Did you manage to get this working with the STM32L072? I would appreciate some help if you are willing.I'm using cubeIDE and have ported the Lora code from keil but cand get the DSP to compile.

Cheers Robin

Refer https://community.st.com/s/article/configuring-dsp-libraries-on-stm32cubeide

Replace with M0+ in place of M4 wherever applicable

Ex.

Library - “arm_cortexM0l_math�?

Preprocessor symbol - “ARM_MATH_CM0PLUS"

Robin Aproskie
Associate II

Hi

I followed that artical and Used the Library correctly and the Processor symbol , and linked the library. I still get Errors are you using STMCubeIDE with an .ioc file.

My post from today.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001Ez3YfSAJ/how-do-i-go-about-adding-the-cmsis-dsp-to-do-fft-on-stm32l072-without-compile-errors

Which version of CMSIS DSP do I need and Does the Version need to match the CMSIS version of my project

Tthanks