rajdeep_01
Associate II

Hi Concerned Team,

Need valuable support:
1. Advertisement Issue: Discoverable in iOS/Windows not in Android
- Board: NUCLEO-STM32WBA52
- MCU: STM32WBA52CGUX
- SDK: 1.14.0
- Due to unavailability of out of box any BLE example code for STM32WBA52 series,
  Used base code for STM32WBA55 series and converted firmware for STM32WBA52,
  Tried examples: peer_to_peer_server_ota, heartrate_ota and beacon.
- Found strange case for all three examples that:
  Device advertisement found in iOS(BLE5.3) and Windows(BLE5.0), with good RSSI around -26dBm to -34dBm,
  even able to connect, read, write and notify perfectly,
  But device advertisement not found in Android phones:
  MI-11X(Android-V13, BLE5.1), Nokia-G42-5G(Android-V13, BLE5.1)
- peer_to_peer_sever_ota (STM32CubeIDE) advertisement found in windows and iOS related screenshots attached here.
fa097269-708d-4026-8346-30d40f165533.jpgRef: Windows discovered advertisementRef: Windows discovered advertisement
- Related peer_to_peer_server_ota firmware attached here for reference(7zip need to extract same).
- Related sniffer based packet info:

image.png

 2. SDK has not a single STM32WBA52 BLE examples.

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @STTwo-32 

Please share Nucleo-WB52CG tested source code, which you are claiming that you have tested success.

Regards,
Rajdeep

For the Nucleo-WBA52CG, I've done the tests using The Version 1.1 of the SDK (as mentioned on my first command) and it works fine. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32 

As mentioned from the very beginning, this issue affects all SDK releases after V1.1.1. To summarize:

• V1.1.1 was released on 4th September 2023
  • Subsequent releases include:
    • V1.2.0 on 2nd November 2023
    • V1.3.0 on 7th February 2024
    • V1.3.1 on 22nd March 2024
    • V1.4.0 on 5th June 2024

All of these SDKs exhibit the same issue.

Should I assume that STM will not support SDK versions released after V1.1.1?

I kindly request that the issue is not sidetracked by out-of-context solutions. Given the detailed insights already provided by the user, it would be expected that STM takes proactive steps to address the problem. However, nothing has happened as anticipated, which leads to a loss of confidence in STM as a trusted brand.

Regards,
Rajdeep

I've escalated your issue to the concerned team for investigation (under internal ticket number 190759). I will be back to you as soon as I have any feedback from them. For the SDK, I've used the Version 1.0 to find examples for the WBA52 Nucleo Board. But the supported version with the last fixes is the V1.4.0

We are sorry if you feel that your case is not well addressed. But we always want to collect the maximum data so we can give a very helpful answer.

Thank you.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi rajdeep_01
As mentioned in the release notes, connectivity applications no longer support nucleo WBA52 since v1.2.0 package included.

Since v1.2.0 connectivity applications are developed and tested with WBA55.
If you flash the WBA55 applications on the WBA52, you get various problems, including soporadic ADVs.
This explains why you don't always see the ADV with your application. There's no link with the scanner's origin (windows/IOS/Android).

Best regards, 
Joé