cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB5MM-DK unable to connect over Matter

RHeyse
Associate

I am attempting to use the https://github.com/stm32-hotspot/stm32wb-matter-device-over-thread/ repo to connect a STM32WB5MMG-DK to an Amazon Alexa acting as a border router, using the Alexa app. The device always fails to connect, outputting the serial log that I have attached. I am using the recommended firmware (stm32wb5x_BLE_Thread_ForMatter_fw.bin)

I have also been unable to commission using the CHIP-TOOL and Raspberry Pi 5 border router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @RHeyse,

Indeed, the version of matter package available on Github Hotspot does not support Amazon Alexa, a new version will be available very soon that supports a wide range of ecosystems.

If your request is of a professional nature, please contact your ST local representative to get the latest version of the package, for more details :

https://www.st.com/en/wireless-connectivity/matter-products.html?ecmp=tt37393_gl_social_feb2024 

On the other side, the version available on Github is compatible with Raspberry Pi and should be working, do you have any logs capture to further analyze your case ?

BR,

Ouadi

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @RHeyse,

Indeed, the version of matter package available on Github Hotspot does not support Amazon Alexa, a new version will be available very soon that supports a wide range of ecosystems.

If your request is of a professional nature, please contact your ST local representative to get the latest version of the package, for more details :

https://www.st.com/en/wireless-connectivity/matter-products.html?ecmp=tt37393_gl_social_feb2024 

On the other side, the version available on Github is compatible with Raspberry Pi and should be working, do you have any logs capture to further analyze your case ?

BR,

Ouadi

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Ouadi,

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to get in touch with them as I also need to be able to support Apple and Google home assistants.

I don't have any logs at the moment unfortunately, but my current main issue is when attempting to commission the device using the android chip-tool app, the app crashes without any error message. I've also tried running the tool on Ubuntu 22.04, but i get an error about the device pin number.

Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @RHeyse,

The crash of the android app is a known issue, for that you have to clear the CHIPTool cache after each commissioning and make sure to use the right QR code.

Kind regards,

Ouadi