cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55CC zigbee not available?

Hello everyone. I started developing a zigbee zigbee application on a custom PCB, and since I don't need that much space I used the STM32WB55CC MCU. Everything went great until I had all components planted and wanted to update the zigbee stack when I realized that in the release notes there is no address for updating the Zigbee stack in the 256k MCUs. 

Does this mean the 256k devices don't support zigbee? Or is there a way I can update the stack on it.

Thanks! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @Alexandru Ionu? Cocan,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

To answer your question, the STM32WB5xxC family has only 256Kbytes of flash memory and does not support Zigbee protocol unfortunately.

Actually, Zigbee stack footprint size > 256 KB so only STM32WB with the adapted flash memory supports the Zigbee protocol as follow :

• STM32WB5xxE(512K)
  • STM32WB5xxY(640k)
  • STM32WB5xxG(1M )

For your design, I recommend to change the MCU by another one with a large flash memory and the same package to support the Zigbee, this would have no impact on your design.

Please find below an illustration of the STM32WB product line giving a large choice taking into account the flash memory size and the package parameter:

Ouadi_0-1704384444243.png

Best regards,

Ouadi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @Alexandru Ionu? Cocan,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

To answer your question, the STM32WB5xxC family has only 256Kbytes of flash memory and does not support Zigbee protocol unfortunately.

Actually, Zigbee stack footprint size > 256 KB so only STM32WB with the adapted flash memory supports the Zigbee protocol as follow :

• STM32WB5xxE(512K)
  • STM32WB5xxY(640k)
  • STM32WB5xxG(1M )

For your design, I recommend to change the MCU by another one with a large flash memory and the same package to support the Zigbee, this would have no impact on your design.

Please find below an illustration of the STM32WB product line giving a large choice taking into account the flash memory size and the package parameter:

Ouadi_0-1704384444243.png

Best regards,

Ouadi