cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55-Nucleo-USB-Dongle Example Projects - missing .ioc file for CubeMX

BSpoe.1
Associate III

Hi,

I'm missing a .ioc file when using the example applications of the USB dongle from the Nucleo set. Why this is not delivered with the firmware for the STM32WB55?

Thanks a lot,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Most of the examples have been developed without using CubeMX tool. They have been developed directly using one of the supported IDE: Keil, IAR ot CubeIDE.

So there is no .ioc file available for those projects.

Anyhow it is of obvious interest for customer to adapt some of the examples to their own board.

In this regard we try to add an .ioc file as much as we can. It is a huge work and we started the work with the STM32WB family but it has not been done for all the examples.

It should be completely done with the new series like G0, G4, L5, ...

Note that it is not possible to revert to an .ioc file when starting with a project that has not been developed with CubeMX tool. You have to start from scratch with CubeMX tool to manage your own HW configuration and include the proper drivers. 

Note also that CubeMX tool is now fully integrated inside CubeIDE. So the development scheme remains the same.

BSpoe.1
Associate III

Thanks for your reply!

It's not a problem for me to use CubeMX for generating an project. The only problem is, that this generated project is not working. I can choose every functionality I need for my project. I will choose BLE first, because this is hard to handle.

After I activated the neccessary peripherals (HSEM, RTC, RF) to enable the STM32_WPAN middleware, I think there aresome parts missing in the generated code. Compared with the p2pServer example the Reset functions are not generated and there is no sequencer. It's not possible to start the BLE example out of the CubeMX generated code. Copying the missing functions manually doesn't fix this issues...

Can you help me with the configuration? Is there something missing?