cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 Nucleo unable to change data rate

bigfriendlygiant
Associate II

Hello,

I have been getting into BLE applications with the stm32wb55 nucleo development board. I am currently developing my application over the BLE p2pServer app. I have modified the program such that the P2PS_Send_notification() method keeps sending a sensor data in a loop. however when i measure the data rate, it is somewhere around 4500bytes/sec. This was consistent with the results I got when I tested the Data Throughput app, and when i pressed SW2 the data throughput changed to around 40000 bytes/sec (these values are still way lower that what other people have experienced but I will get to that later as 40000 bytes/sec is good enough for me at the moment). However, when I tried to change the PHY to 2M on my application, the results were exactly the same. The wireless stack version is 1.18.03 and I have followed all steps mentioned in AN5289 section 7.8 and section 8.6.9 but nothing worked for me and my data rate is still at around 4500 bytes/sec. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @bigfriendlygiant and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

did you compile your code with 2 modifications in the app_conf.h file.

#define CFG_TX_PHY 2

#define CFG_RX_PHY 2

If not, please try again with these 2 changes. 

Also, both boards should be close enough to achieve the highest datarate.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STTwo-32 , 

My app_conf.h file does not have these two variables defined. As mentioned earlier, I am using a ble_p2pserver example and modifying just the main.c and the p2p_server_app.c to suit my needs. however, the variables you mentioned are present in the data throughput example. If there is anything else that can help please do let me know, thank you!

Edit: would it make sense for me to define these values in my app_conf?

Hello @bigfriendlygiant 

it may be that the PHY configuration to 2M is supported by a few applications and not all applications.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.