cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 BLE How to set security modes.

AJoha.5
Associate

I'm currently looking into how to actually set the security modes and security levels for a BLE device build on the STM32WB55RG chip.

I have found the method to get what the security mode and level is:

tBleStatus aci_gap_get_security_level( uint16_t Connection_Handle,
                                       uint8_t* Security_Mode,
                                       uint8_t* Security_Level );

However I have not found a method or combination of methods to configure the actual security mode and level for my BLE chip.

Currently to setup the authentification requirements I'm using this method:

tBleStatus aci_gap_set_authentication_requirement( uint8_t Bonding_Mode,
                                                   uint8_t MITM_Mode,
                                                   uint8_t SC_Support,
                                                   uint8_t KeyPress_Notification_Support,
                                                   uint8_t Min_Encryption_Key_Size,
                                                   uint8_t Max_Encryption_Key_Size,
                                                   uint8_t Use_Fixed_Pin,
                                                   uint32_t Fixed_Pin,
                                                   uint8_t Identity_Address_Type );

And I'm using the io capability method for that part:

tBleStatus aci_gap_set_io_capability( uint8_t IO_Capability );

I can't find any documentation specifying how to actually configure the security modes and levels.

Security modes and levels are in reference to BLUETOOTH CORE SPECIFICATION Version 5.3 | Vol 3, Part C 5.2

Thankful for any insight on how to configure the security modes and levels, as well as enabling encryption.

Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find information about security in programming manual PM0271, part 4.5 available here :

https://www.st.com/resource/en/programming_manual/pm0271-stm32wb-ble-stack-programming-guidelines-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Online course on BLE security with STM32WB are also available on Youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLgEBp7Ibu0&list=PLnMKNibPkDnGbiUxaLBqTdM2nNIVAk_MO&index=1

Best Regards

AJoha.5
Associate

Thanks, I managed to resolve it.