cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB15CCx vs STM32WB15CCxE Bluetooth discoverability problem.

batuars
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I have NUCLEO-WB15CC board. This board has STM32WB15CCx MCU.

I have also a custom board. This board has STM32WB15CCxE MCU.

The differences of both MCU are, STM32WB15CCx has SMPS pins and functionality, but few GPIOs; STM32WB15CCxE has no SMPS pins and no functionality, but more GPIOs. I decide to use STM32WB15CCxE, because I need more GPIOs and don't need power consumption optimization that SMPS provides.

I want to create a BLE device with custom template.

I use v1.14.1 stm32wb1x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin as Bluetooth firmware.

I use v1.10.1 STM32CubeIDE.

I disabled SMPS function for NUCLEO board. I have the same PCB antenna for both. I write same code for both. Only change MCU selection while creating new project. I compare both code and they are the same. I use WinMerge program to compare one-to-one.

My problem is, my android phone(Samsung M12) can discover NUCLEO board, but cannot discover custom board. Also there are other android phones that cannot discover it.

In another way, my other android phone(Samsung S20+) can discover both of them.

Is there any bug or errata about STM32WB15CCxE? What can i do to create a discoverable BLE device?

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you perform the HSE tuning on your custom board see AN5042? The HSE clock need to be tune for RF applications, the STM32WB use an external oscillator high-speed clock source as the base for RF clock generation. HSE accuracy is essential for RF system performance and the external oscillator is therefore fine-tuned to achieve the highest clock accuracy.

Best Regards