cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB works with Custom BLE, rtos and stop modes

Viniciuspsc
Associate III

What would be the best way to develop firmware on the STM32WB with customized Bluetooth and using an RTOS?

When using FreeRTOS, I’m unable to generate custom BLE code in CubeMX, and I’m having difficulty controlling the device’s sleep mode. It seems that the Bluetooth stack already has a mechanism for controlling sleep, but with my FreeRTOS v2, it’s not working properly.

Considering the two microcontrollers: STM32WB55 and STM32WB0, do they have differences regarding this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Viniciuspsc 

I suggest you follow the example of project implementing the BLE communication based on FreeRTOS. For example, for the STM32WB55 we have the BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS (it includes a .ioc file so it is easy to understand how it works, implement internally the low power modes between tasks,. 

For the STM32WB0 we have the BLE_p2pServer_FreeRTOS that does not include a .ioc file since it is a new product. You need to debug your code to understand how it works.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Viniciuspsc 

I suggest you follow the example of project implementing the BLE communication based on FreeRTOS. For example, for the STM32WB55 we have the BLE_HeartRateFreeRTOS (it includes a .ioc file so it is easy to understand how it works, implement internally the low power modes between tasks,. 

For the STM32WB0 we have the BLE_p2pServer_FreeRTOS that does not include a .ioc file since it is a new product. You need to debug your code to understand how it works.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.