cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB & SPP

ptagh.1
Associate II

Hello Everyone,

Intro. Our embedded project was defined based on the BC127 Bluetooth module, which enjoyed Melody 7.0 firmware. We used the SPP protocol in such a way that a new virtual comport is added to my device manager list when the operating system is connected to BL. In this manner, we use it to send/receive the stream of data in the form of virtual serial communication.

Q. Recently, We have started to use STM32WB that BL is dedicated to inside it. My question is that does SMT32 firmware for the BL co-processor support SPP (or other protocols like that) ?? And will be added virtual COMPORT to my device manager list?

(Because our application only works with COMPORT)

Or, is it possible to establish an RFCOMM connection with pybluez and BL devices which is paired to my system??

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Bruno_ST
ST Employee

Hello @ptagh.1​ ,

Just a hint on SPP like's implementation discussion in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BCPiFHSQ1/bluetooth-classic-profiles-spp-a2dp-on-stm32wb

BR,

Bruno

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.