cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB BLE not working

AbidSulaiman
Associate III

Hello ,

I am fairly new to microcontroller programming and sorry if this is a noob question. I have a STM32WB55RG board and I want to learn developing a BLE application.

I did an example from STM Workshop (Hands On) and it worked very well. Then i tried configuring CubeMX myself, change the code a bit and still got a good result.

But today, suddenly the BLE stop functioning. I cannot detect the device using any BLE scanner application. At first i thought maybe it got into some error handler eg. HardFault or MemManage. But it dindnt.

I tried debugging using LED and I found out that the code didnt even land on the APP_BLE_Init() function.

So I thought maybe I should re-flash the BLE stack binary. Followed the instructions and using CubeProgrammer CLI, but the device cant be found. Then I tried using CubeProgrammer UI, cant connect to device. I tried with no jumper on BOOT0 and VDD, also connected via ST-Link USB, successfully downloaded the BLE Stack binary on address 0x080CB000.

But still BLE is not active. Anyone maybe experience the same issue or can help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

P/s: Sorry for the long post. I thought maybe if I tell the whole story, someone can figure out the solution.

20 REPLIES 20
Ccdsg.1
Associate

After the TL is initialized, the software is awaiting the ready occasion (VS_HCI_C2_Ready) received at the gadget to install the app or download its channel earlier than beginning the BLE Stack.