cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMPS Clock Mux Errors

nollstead
Associate III

Whenever I set the SMPS Clock Mux to HSE /4 /2 = 4 I can save the project without errors but whenever I reopen the ioc file I get a warning that there is a clock issue that needs to be fixed.  I go into the clock configuration and it's bee reset to HSI /4 /2 = 2 and marked in red as an error.  If I click resolve clock issues it changes it to HSI /2 /2 = 4 but I want it to stay at HSE

Other projects I've created for the NUCLEO-WB55 board from the example selector use HSE /4 /2 =4 so I'm wondering if there is a setting that's conflicting.  I just can't find it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @nollstead 

Thank you for having reported this. I've reproduced the issue, and I can confirm it. 

I've escalated this issue for fix in the internal ticket number 173657.

(PS: Internal ticket number 173657 is not accessible or usable by customers).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @nollstead 

Thank you for having reported this. I've reproduced the issue, and I can confirm it. 

I've escalated this issue for fix in the internal ticket number 173657.

(PS: Internal ticket number 173657 is not accessible or usable by customers).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Great thanks.

FYI - in case some additional information is useful for the internal ticket.  I'm just learning STM32 development so I've been tinkering with a lot of settings.  If I make a new project from scratch I don't seem to have this issue.  In this one I'm sure I messed around with a few settings but reverted back.  That's when the problem started - so I suspect there's a logic issue where something gets set and even when it's reverted back it doesn't recognize that.

In my case I'll just start a new project and should be able to move forward.

Hope that helps.