cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help on transmitting audio over BLE - STM32WB5MM.

LR.2
Associate III

Hi,

I'm Using stm32wb5mm-dk with I2S mic to capture audio and using TAS2563 I'm playing the captured audio. The data from the mic is transmitted and played using DMA. Now I want to transmit the I2S mic data using BLE. I used notification method using sequencer. On the other side using python i receive the data and convert it to wav. I found that in my audio signal I'm getting noise. Can anyone help me with this or suggest a good way to do this(transmitting the mic data over BLE).

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Javier1
Principal

So you have two stm32wb5mm-dk, one with an I2C mic and another one with TAS2563 amplifier?

>>I'm getting noise

what kind of noise? white, glitchy, distortion, constant beeeep,......etc

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Hi Javier,

No I dont have two stm32wb5mm-dk. I have one which has both I2S mic and TAS2563. TAS2563 is used to play the sound from the MIC using Speaker.

I'm Getting Distortion when I transmit using BLE.

still not clear to me what your hardware setup is.

a PC and a stm32wb5mm-dk?

which pc is it , does its bluetooth chipset suppports BLE5.0 or avobe?

Care to elaborate?

maybe this is of help to you also

https://punchthrough.com/maximizing-ble-throughput-on-ios-and-android/

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
LR.2
Associate III

Hi Javier,

I have a setup of stm32wb5mm-dk with I2S mic and TAS2563. Where the mic will get the audio input and with the help of TAS2563 I have connected speaker which will act as an output. Then through BLE I want to live stream the audio.

On the other side I'm using a laptop to get the audio. For this I'm using a python script with bleak library to get the packets. After getting the packets I will convert it to .wav file.

The laptop I'm using has bluetooth v5.1 Support.

The issue I'm facing here is when get audio from python its has some distortion noise in it. When I checked I found that there are some packet loss while transmitting audio over BLE. So, I want to know how to reduce the Data packet loss in BLE or any other way for transmitting audio over BLE.

Thanks in advance.

LR.2
Associate III

Hi Javier,

Also, I want to know is there any way to transmit audio using UART in real time.