cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to get p-nucleo-lrwan2 gateway source

Cjiho.1
Associate

I bought p-nucleo-lrwan2 package at two weeks ago.

so I have searched p-nucleo-lrwan2 reference source.

I get p-nucleo-lrwan1 endless board source, but I haven't find p-nucleo-lrwan2 gateway source.

please I hope to get p-nucleo-lrwan2 gateway source.

have a good day

16 REPLIES 16
ducphuc
Associate

I would like the source or at least update the firmware in the gateway. The firmware is using an old version of the Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder protocol. The protocol version in the UDP packets is set to one. This is causing integration issues with other stacks. The protocol version was changed four years ago.

I also had difficulties sending AT commands to the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 shield. The documentation is not clear on how to do it. First you have to remove the shield from the NUCLEO-L073RZ main board. The main board is controlling the expansion board through the same serial interface for the AT command console. You have to use a USB to 3.3V TTL serial. You can regulate the 5V VCC to 3.3v or use another 3.3V source. The pinouts are below:

• CN8 pin 1 TX
  • CN8 pin 2 RX
  • CN6 pin 4 +3V3
  • CN6 pin 6. GND

The pinout is also in Figure 19 in document UM2587. Section 4.2 tells you how to connect to the expansion but has useful details like the main board USB cannot be used for the AT commands and the expansion board serial lines are in use back in a footnote in section 1.1.1. I spent many hours banging my head against the wall before I figured out how to program the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 and that the bug was the root cause of my connection failures.

Dear Ducphuc,

Thank You! You have provided much more information than ST's employees! They simply answer me "read from page *** to ***." Full Stop! I guess ST is now a fully China-rised company using China's unique AI technical support! 😉

First of all, I will try to contact the vendor for an updated firmware of RisingHF ARDUINO expansion board (LRWAN_GS_HF1)

Secondly, I also provide this alternative implementation of the node part. It is a STM32duino library. However, I am not successful with their method. Perhaps, my node's firmware is not the same as these users':

https://github.com/stm32duino/I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1/issues/5

Ducphic,

I can only find this gateway's information. I guess they have removed information of LRWAN_GS_HF1 expansion board

http://www.risinghf.com/product/detail/19

I just came across this.

The documentation does tell you that the ST-Link COM port is not connected through to the USI shield - so you obviously cannot send AT commands to it via the Nucleo board.

This does seem like a particularly poor decision.

To talk to the USI shield, you will need to disconnect it from the Nucleo board, supply 3.3V power, and connect to its UART pins.

I did it like this (I call the USI shield "modem"):

0693W000007BzUHQA0.jpgWith a "pass-through" header like this:

0693W000007BzVUQA0.jpgso that gives power to the USI shield ("modem") from the Nucleo board, but isolates everything else.

then the jumper wires connect the USI UART to the Nucleo's virtual COM port.

And then you can talk to the USI shield.

The NUCLEO-64 boards have a lot of annoyances/compromises, especially the sharing of pin/uart related to the VCP and ARDUINO header. The NUCLEO-144 solves these a lot better, you pay your money, you make your choices.

It is impossible to make choices that work for everyone, I'd perhaps of constructed the kit differently, but this isn't my circus.

The closed source of the USI module, lower function L0 and SX1272 don't help.

The AT modem firmware is in the Cube LRWAN as I recall so could be put on other platforms rather than the cheapest. The Murata DISCO for example.

Get your sales rep and FAE involved.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

"The NUCLEO-64 boards have a lot of annoyances/compromises, especially the sharing of pin/uart related to the VCP and ARDUINO header"

I don't think that's a problem of the Nucleo board as such - USI could have chosen to put the UART on different pins?

The STM32L073RZ has five UARTs to choose from!

"It is impossible to make choices that work for everyone"

This is true.

WOW! Your connections shown in your photo work! Thank You! Andrew! 👍

ST should add this photo to the manual. A simple step saves many users` time.

I am not promoting any one, but MC`s supports and manuals convince me to be their loyal designer. 👏