cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much difference on power consumption does the SMPS have on stm32wb55 for bluetooth?

энн
Associate II

When using the radio for bluetooth, would it really make a huge difference in power consumption? I want to reduce my bom and would much rather not depend on 2 more inductors, also is the 32khz really that necessary?

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @энн 

For the first part of your request, the SMPS give some improuvement on Curent consuption. Is it so important? I'm not able to evaluate what is the improuvement that you may consider as reason to use SMPS or not. So, the best way is to check the difference of consuption (with or without SMPS). And also the difference on the RF power (for Tx and Rx operations). For this, you can use the data on the DS11929 or performe some tests on a Nucleo Board so you can make your decision.

For the LSE, you only need it kf you are hoing to use the Vbat mode since it is the only clock source available on this case.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.