cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good afternoon guys. I have a problem with BLE init in several boards.

EmbedMaster
Associate II

I have several boards with STM32WB55RE chips. In most of them chip works fine and and BLE is allright.

But in a small amount of them I have unknown problem - the device can't init BLE periphery in the first cycle of UTIL_SEQ_Run( UTIL_SEQ_DEFAULT );

I taked BLE functionality from the example of Heart Rate service.

First of all I do initialization like in the example. Then the codeflow goes in endless cycle with UTIL_SEQ_Run( UTIL_SEQ_DEFAULT ); function.

And at first cycle the code stay at UTIL_SEQ_WaitEvt(0x02) function and can't receive any response from hardware I think.

Here is my my call stack:

main

UTIL_SEQ_Run

shci_user_evt_proc

APPE_SysUserEvtRx

APP_BLE_Init

SHCI_C2_BLE_Init

shci_send

shci_cmd_resp_wait

UTIL_SEQ_WaitEvt( 1 << CFG_IDLEEVT_SYSTEM_HCI_CMD_EVT_RSP_ID );// CFG_IDLEEVT_SYSTEM_HCI_CMD_EVT_RSP_ID = 0x01

Can somebody explain what event chip waiting for? I have carefully tested these boards several times, but find no hardware or connectivity problems. The soldering is perfect.

I went deeper... I tried to replace controllers within working and not working boards. And for my wonder not working chip worked at working board, but working chip not worked at not working board. I measured resistance of the antenna trace, resolder matching circuit and ICMLPF-WB55-01E3 filter, but nothing helped. I can't believe, that the problem with PCB. Cos they are simple, electrically tested and the RF trace is total only 6mm length to the IPEX RF connector.

What I missed? What can be wrong?

Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0