cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation/Ressources for BLE "Custom Template" CubeMX

MWält.2
Associate II

I'm working on a mobile project based on the STM32WB5MMG.

First, we bought a P-NUCLEO-WB55 and had a look at some of the example projects.

After a good experience with the Nucleo board, we decided to build HW around the controller.

Now the HW is working and the BLE_Stack has been flashed to the device.

Even some examples are working on our platform.

Now I want to implement two specified services "Battery Level" and "Automation I/O".

For this, I build upon the "BLE_Custom" example and moved to a custom .ioc file/project later.

But now I'm stuck. Is there any documentation of the generated code for the "Custom Template"? I found a few functions in the STM32WB HAL library, but non of the template-related stuff.

Detailed Problems:

1) I'm able to show services and characteristics to a device (phone/pc) read and write to it.

Now, I would like to update a specific characteristic. Therefore I used "aci_gatt_update_char_value()". But it seems I'm, not allowed to change the value while the service is running.

2) I would like to notify a client of new data. Therefore I tried to implement the "Hear Rate Measurement" from the "BLE_Custom" template. In the code I get the "CUSTOM_STM_HRS_M_NOTIFY_ENABLED_EVT", but how can I change the value and notify the client?

1 REPLY 1
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you please provide us with the software's versions that you are using ( STM32CubeMX, Firmware, IDE..)

Best Regards,

Sara