cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is touch area different for some widgets between actual display and simulator?

wired
Senior III

I'm running a GUI using v4.18.0 of the Designer. I am using the Designer's widgets, and some of them are activating in areas outside of the PNG border shown in the Designer when running on the actual display. The Simulator works perfectly, and only registers a press when I am clicking within the outline of the widget as shown in edit mode.

With my STM32F469I-DISCO board, the Small and Medium Rounded Edge Buttons with Label are activating on both sides of the button, as much as 50 pixels away. The Icon button seems to be fine. I have two radio buttons as well, one on the left side of the screen and one on the right (running in Portrait orientation). The left radio button activates almost exclusively to the left of the widget, as if there was another identically sized widget next to it. The rightmost radio button activates almost exclusively on the right of the button.

I initially was using the Designer's OEM round radio buttons that have the blue fill when selected, but I was having issues getting them to activate, so I took them and added transparent border equally on all 4 sides to enlarge them to 64x64 pixels, thinking this would help. They are easier to activate now, but still operate as described above. The Designer's built-in radio buttons had the same issue, as was noticed by a tester.

Any Idea why this would happen or how to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
wired
Senior III

I did some debugging, and in the BSP_TS_GetState() function, the X and Y values that are returned do not correspond to the display area pixels, e.g. I can create a touch on the blackout area above the top of the screen, and it registers as a positive number, not 0. Taknig some other points, it seems like there's an offset and scaling issue, even though this is a capacitive touchscreen and is not supposed to require calibration. Are there any corrections being applied anywhere?