cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating a wildcard by Arabic text from the backend at runtime.

Zakba.1
Senior

Hi

I need to show Arabic text which is updated from the main function on a wildcard. I bring the string from the backend through MVP to the view. Although I added related typography and wildcard ranges, the screen is blank. when I write English characters and use exp Verdana typography, the text is shown on the screen also it is ok when I write Arabic in the designer using Arabic typography.

I've attached my TOUCHGFX project and main.c file. I would be appreciated if anybody can help me through it cause I'm new to TOUCHGFX.

3 REPLIES 3
Zakba.1
Senior

@Martin KJELDSEN​ I am so sorry to take your time. I used different fonts I searched over and over and could not find a hint. I was wondering if you could help me through this issue

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi Zakba,

I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. You're trying to send a the wildcard part of s tring from your backend to your UI - And you're trying to represent that string (with the wildcard) rendered using an arabic font.

What type is this wildcard? Can you use a wildcard with your string if you just hardcode it in your ui and not receive it from the backend?

/Martin

Zakba.1
Senior

Hi

yes, I can write Arabic text in the designer.

I want to use HWbuttons to fill a string character by character with Arabic font and then send it to the UI to show it. exactly like a keyboard but with HWbuttons, not touch buttons.

thank you very much for your answer master.