cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx automated test

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi Forum..

I would like to know if it exists any commercial tools available for doing some automated test for the gui which is usable in touchgfx.

I mean something similar to this done for QT :

https://www.froglogic.com/squish/editions/automated-testing-embedded-qt-guis-hmis/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reply from a colleague 😅:

"I would use the STM32CubeProgrammer API to download the framebuffer from the device and then use Squish to do golden image comparisons.

To test actions like buttons presses etc, I'd just use Squish in combination with our simulator executable"

/Romain

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

None that I am aware of, we made one ourselves with Jenkins, and yepkit usb hubs to handle multiple boards. If other people made automated test using something else please share.

/Romain

SGasp.1
Senior

Thanks Romain... Very Interesting ..Can I have an idea about how you used Jenkins for doing that?

It would be nice having an idea of architecture and tools..

Or maybe can you share a link or resource with examples?

Thanks a lot in advance

Reply from a colleague 😅:

"I would use the STM32CubeProgrammer API to download the framebuffer from the device and then use Squish to do golden image comparisons.

To test actions like buttons presses etc, I'd just use Squish in combination with our simulator executable"

/Romain

Romain thanks to you and also at your colleague..

So basically with the STM32CubeProgrammer API we can download the current framebuffer from the the device (I guess to develop a brand new software calling the api and somehow to trigger the download in a certain moment).. Once we have the framebuffer we upload on Squish and we make the comparison with the expected output (Is it correct?)

For using Squish with your simulator executanle what do you mean?

Thanks a lot again

Hi Romain,

Please give some examples or github link related to STM Programmer API and how image comparison is done using Squish library .With QT there is option of Squish IDE but not get how to get device  firmware buffer and on that how to use Squish .

It will helpful to all developers and automation testers who are looking to automate STM's Discovery board's Touch interface.

Thanks again.

Shivanand90
Associate

Hi STM Community,

Please give some examples or GitHub link related to STM Programmer API and how image comparison is done using Squish library. I found the information related to STM cube programmer API (STM CLI tool). How you know what data is in framebuffer. Is tester need to know expected framebuffer? based on event (interrupt) . Please give guidance on this .