cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGfx 21.4 or 22.0 to STM32IDE build errors

embedded_eng
Associate

I am using TouchGfx to generate code for CubeMx and STM32IDE. But it returns error as seen in the image.

I tested it with different versions but in the end i couldnt get successful build.

Could you please tell me how to cope with it.

When i pass to IDE program and build it returns error like these;

******************************************************************************************IDE_error2.jpeg

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: ../STM32CubeIDE/Application/User/Startup/startup_stm32f429z??tx.s: Invalid argument
arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:92:6: error: no declaration matches 'bool TouchGFXHAL::blockCopy(void*, const void*, uint32_t)'
   92 | bool TouchGFXHAL::blockCopy(void* RESTRICT dest, const void* RESTRICT src, uint32_t numBytes)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~
../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:92:6: note: no functions named 'bool TouchGFXHAL::blockCopy(void*, const void*, uint32_t)'
In file included from ../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:23:
../../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.hpp:34:7: note: 'class TouchGFXHAL' defined here
   34 | class TouchGFXHAL : public TouchGFXGeneratedHAL
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~
../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:151:6: error: no declaration matches 'bool TouchGFXHAL::beginFrame()'
  151 | bool TouchGFXHAL::beginFrame()
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~
../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:151:6: note: no functions named 'bool TouchGFXHAL::beginFrame()'
../../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.hpp:34:7: note: 'class TouchGFXHAL' defined here
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~
../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:156:6: error: no declaration matches 'void TouchGFXHAL::endFrame()'
  156 | void TouchGFXHAL::endFrame()
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~
../TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.cpp:156:6: note: no functions named 'void TouchGFXHAL::endFrame()'

make: *** [STM32CubeIDE/Application/User/Startup/subdir.mk:19: STM32CubeIDE/Application/User/Startup/startup_stm32f429zıtx.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [TouchGFX/target/subdir.mk:25: TouchGFX/target/TouchGFXHAL.o] Error 1-

When I erase the part :"TouchGFXHAL::" it returns this build error.

IDE_error1.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Hello @embedded_eng ,

Based on the errors, it appears that the IDE fails to correctly connect TouchGFXHAL.cpp and TouchGFXHAL.hpp.

These files are provided by TouchGFX when you select a board from the list of available boards and then you generate code through the TouchGFX designer. 

Are you using a custom board with STM32F429?
Could you please check that the three functions mentioned in the errors are defined in TouchGFXHAL.hpp?

Thanks

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX