cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for STM32H743I-EVAL

SSagi
Associate II

Hello,

I'm using the STM32H743I-EVAL. I want to use TouchGFX in my program, but I can't find any project template to start from. If there were some basic "Hello World" program, that runs out of the box on the evaluation board, that would make my life much easier.

The TouchGFX Designer software allows creating a basic project for many ST boards, including the STM32H743I-EVAL. I'm able to generate a project for that board, but I can't program it using the binary files with neither the "Run Target" button, or using the ST-Link software.

When I use the ST-Link software, I get the following error:

15:41:44 : Timeout during flash programming

15:41:44 : Error occured during program operation!

15:41:44 : Can not read memory!

Has someone been able to create a working project for that board?

I would appreciate any help doing so or a project I could examine and learn from.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @SSagi​,

Please use the STCubeProgrammer for the STM32H743I-EVAL board. You'll have more success with that, i think. i've also experienced the "Can not read memory" with ST-Link / STM32H743I-EVAL. STCubeProgrammer works for me.

"Run target" through the designer uses ST-Link (It's embedded in the Makefile used by the Designer), but if you simply ignore that it cannot flash using ST-Link you can program the binaries from the build/ folder in your application using STCubeProgrammer.

Hope that helps

Best regards,

Martin

SSagi
Associate II

Hi Martin, thanks for your response!

I tried to use STM32CubeProgrammer but it doesn't work for me. :(

I opened the program, selected the "target.hex" file and clicked on "download", and the following message appeared:

14:27:12 : Error: failed to download Segment[1]

14:27:12 : Error: failed to download the File

Can you provide a screenshot of the STCubeProgrammer with the settings you use for the programming?

Thanks.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @SSagi​,

You must choose the right flashloader for the QSPI flash. It will cover the range of the segment that you're failing to download.

SSagi
Associate II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I disconnected the QSPI memory that comes with the board and connected another hardware device that uses QSPI for communication. Does it mean that I will be unable to use TouchGFX in my project? Is there a workaround for using this library without the QSPI memory? Is it needed only for startup configuration or also during runtime?

Thanks.

SSagi
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Is it possible to use the other external memory banks of the FMC?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You don't need to use the QSPI, but you'll have nowhere to place your images besides internal flash which is limited because it needs to hold both code, texts and fonts and images.

Regarding external memory, you can cache images at the start of the application into external memory, but you must be able to cache them from somewhere, some file system (This is what people with NAND flashes have to do).

Why did you disconnect the QSPI? What about this new device? If it is not accessible through memory map then you could use this qspi to hold the ***** and then cache them into external sdram.