cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status bar and screens: Which is better - use one status bar and several containers or use several screens with duplicated status bar?

awiernie
Senior II

I have a status bar on all screens. My current solution (A) is the use of one screen, one status bar and many containers which are used instead of screens. Using this method, I have to move the container which I want to edit on top in the designer. Change of screen is done with the older version of a swipecontainer. The same status bar is always active and I have only one presenter as the presenter is tight to a screen.

As far as I know it is not possilbe to use one status bar on several screens, is this true? Therefore the alternative solution (B) with screens is the following.

Make the custom bar as a custom widget. Place this custom widget on every screen.

Which method would you prefer, A or B?

In A all the widgets are loaded in the memory and the pseudo screens alias containers are hidden below the front container (if I do not avoid it for invisible containers). The presenter updates all the containers and if one container comes to the front, it is already actual.

In B, the screen is completely rebuilt if it is changed and also the status bar becomes new. Status information is stored in the model and transferred to the new screen by the presenter.

Are there other drawbacks or advanteges for one or other solution?

0 REPLIES 0