cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST, give us NeoChrom

rikk
Associate

This is an appeal to ST to re-consider situation around NeoCrom GPU and making it publicly accessible with full documentation to little developers.

Thank you & Kind Regards

R.

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Hi @rikk ,

Welcome in our STCommunity.    Here is a Blog on NeoChrom and its features NeoChromVG GPU, the 1st vector graphics accelerator for general-purpose MCUs enables single-chip designs

Reach us to know better on your design on which STM32 MCU ?  and so advice the better way to help you

@Soren Myllerup MIKKELSEN 

Ciao

STOne-32.

Hi @STOne-32,

Thank you for warm welcome (and most probably good bye) to the community.. I have been following ST Micro for some 10+ years and as personally so also professionally used probably an entire Cortex-M series from M0 up to the most recent H7s. (from custom hobby projects through R-series in an FPGA product to top-end mobile phone market where i worked as a hw emulation-validation engineer).

I was hoping to base my next project on another ST Micro MCU; but seeing that your NeoChrom GPU will most likely stay locked from small developers as myself, I am looking to other solutions. (yes, artificial love for ST is due to this fading away) From me, this is only to make you little bit more aware that the beloved community you were able to build with super-accessible 32bit micro-controllers and affordable debugging tools is starting to look elsewhere.

I don't really understand this strategy of yours regarding 2D accelerated graphics being locked from small developers. Your competition is providing solutions like this at similarly priced MCU's as the H7 series. So unless you can point me to the documentation which will enable me to develop custom 2D application you wont be able to help me in any way. no fancy presentation will help me to write custom scaling or rotation engine, nor touch gfx will...

Thank you & Kind Regards

R.