cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Trouble with text in scroll list

svcguy
Associate III

Hello,

I have project currently running in the simulator only. One screen consists of a swipe container with several pages, in the swipe container is a scroll list. I've created a custom container for the scroll list and one of those widgets is textArea. The text area contains one wild card. I've unchecked Auto-size for the text area, set the text as <v>, selected Wildcard 1 as single use, checked Use WIldcard Buffer and set an initial value. In Typographies, I've set the Wildcard Ranges for that typography as 0x20-0x7E. I use the following code in my screenView.cpp

void settingsScreenView::portSelectListUpdateItem(listItemContainer& item, int16_t itemIndex)
{
    uint16_t buffer[32];
    uint8_t size = 32;

if(itemIndex >= 0 && itemIndex < PORT_MAX)
    {
        presenter->getPortString(itemIndex, buffer, size);
    }
    else
    {
        Unicode::snprintf(buffer, size, "STRING_ERROR");
    }

touchgfx_printf("buffer: %s, size: %d, itemIndex: %d\n", buffer, size, itemIndex);

item.setValue(buffer, size);
    portSelectList.invalidate();
}

and the following code in my container.cpp

void listItemContainer::setValue(uint16_t* buffer, uint8_t size)
{
    Unicode::strncpy(listItemTextBuffer, buffer, LISTITEMTEXT_SIZE);
    touchgfx_printf("listItemContainer - listItemTextBuffer: %s\n", listItemTextBuffer);
}

Everything compile, links and runs but I get the following behavior with the text:

0690X00000AsEADQA3.png

But the output of the touchgfx_printf() calls indicate all is copying well

0690X00000AsEAIQA3.png

Because I'm seeing question marks, I assume it is a typography issue, but even if I change the fallback character to blank (should generate an exception), I get no exception and no change in behavior. The text that is printed is consistent from run to run, so that leads me to believe it isn't a pointer that points to garbage issue, but maybe that's a bad assumption?

TouchGFX version is 4.12.3

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
svcguy
Associate III

Probably should have done some more debugging before I posted. Issue was in the presenter code (not listed in original post)

presenter.cpp

void settingsScreenPresenter::getPortString(uint16_t index, uint16_t* buffer, uint8_t size)
{
    Unicode::snprintf(buffer, size, "%s", portStringList[index]);
}

should be

void settingsScreenPresenter::getPortString(uint16_t index, uint16_t* buffer, uint8_t size)
{
    Unicode::strncpy(buffer, portStringList[index], size);
}

making it an issue of the null terminating character not being correct, with the touchgfx_printf() and Windows console print somehow being able to figure it out

Foiled by printf() again!!!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
svcguy
Associate III

UPDATE: It does seem to be a typography issue. I set the fallback character to blank and did a make clean and a generate code and then run simulator and got an exception on 'R', which is in the range. Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong.

0690X00000AsEANQA3.png

0690X00000AsEAXQA3.png

0690X00000AsEAcQAN.png

svcguy
Associate III

Probably should have done some more debugging before I posted. Issue was in the presenter code (not listed in original post)

presenter.cpp

{
    Unicode::snprintf(buffer, size, "%s", portStringList[index]);
}

should be

{
    Unicode::strncpy(buffer, portStringList[index], size);
}

making it an issue of the null terminating character not being correct, with the touchgfx_printf() and Windows console print somehow being able to figure it out

Foiled by printf() again!!!!!!!!!!!!