cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions About Animation Storage

V.H
Senior

Hi,

virtual void setFrameBufferStartAddresses(void* frameBuffer, void* doubleBuffer, void* animationStorage)

1, Parameters frameBuffer and doubleBuffer can generated by CubeMX, animationStorage parameters can also be generated by CubeMX ?

2, I don't use the animationStorage parameter and the animation of the Icon will play normally, when will the animationStorage buffer be used ?

3, How to determine the size of parameter animationStorage, does it have to be equal to the frame cache size ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

1. The animationStorage cannot be generated by STM32CubeMX. If I remember correctly this was done to prevent malpractice since it is not necessary for most UIs and requires available memory.
  2. The animation storage is mostly used for the screen transition "Slide transition". It is not necessary for texture mapper animations.
  3. It must be the same size as a framebuffer, so Width * Height *bpp/8

/Romain

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

1. The animationStorage cannot be generated by STM32CubeMX. If I remember correctly this was done to prevent malpractice since it is not necessary for most UIs and requires available memory.
  2. The animation storage is mostly used for the screen transition "Slide transition". It is not necessary for texture mapper animations.
  3. It must be the same size as a framebuffer, so Width * Height *bpp/8

/Romain