cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to input flick style characters with Touch GFX Designer?

TN
Associate II

Hi, I have a question about the entering character in the TouchGFX Designer.
I want to realize character input by flick operation like a smartphone, but I can't find it on the demo screen.
When entering characters, is there only a way to place one button per character?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @TN ,

There's no example showcasing flick keyboard but that's a good idea, thank you
I don't think it's too complicated to create and it doesn't necessarily require extra button. This should be doable by getting the gesture event coordinates.

wx04sh_figure_02_0110_e_s.png
(source : https://k-tai.sharp.co.jp/support/w/wx04sh/manual/online/en/en_cont/02_5_wx04sh.html#a1)

In the example above, pressing the "7" button will allow you to enter "R" if you swipe up, "S" if you swipe right, "Q" if you swipe left, "7" if you swipe down, and finally "P" if you release your press (behaves as a click).

So you'll only need to know which direction you'll swipe and based on that you can know which characters it corresponds to. 

Hope it helps

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @TN ,

There's no example showcasing flick keyboard but that's a good idea, thank you
I don't think it's too complicated to create and it doesn't necessarily require extra button. This should be doable by getting the gesture event coordinates.

wx04sh_figure_02_0110_e_s.png
(source : https://k-tai.sharp.co.jp/support/w/wx04sh/manual/online/en/en_cont/02_5_wx04sh.html#a1)

In the example above, pressing the "7" button will allow you to enter "R" if you swipe up, "S" if you swipe right, "Q" if you swipe left, "7" if you swipe down, and finally "P" if you release your press (behaves as a click).

So you'll only need to know which direction you'll swipe and based on that you can know which characters it corresponds to. 

Hope it helps

Osman SOYKURT

Thank you for answering, @Osman SOYKURT .

It can be realized depending on the software implementation.

It's a little complicated, but I'll do my best to design it.

Hello @TN 

Best of luck!
Don't hesitate to ask if you need support on making it.

Osman SOYKURT
TN
Associate II

Hello @Osman SOYKURT 
This is a impudentrequest, but if you are willing, could you please answer the following questions?

Re: Is vertical swipe possible in Touch GFX Design... - STMicroelectronics Community

We cannot proceed to the next step until we know that it is possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.