cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a copy of working code for the TouchGFX Scrollwheel Tutorial available? I have been banging my head against the wall for two weeks. I have verified that my code matches the code in the the tutorials. I am new to C++.

LDoyl.1
Associate II

There seems to be something missing in the text. Others have obviously gotten it to work. My goal is to use TouchGFX to drive a test fixture using the '469i-disco board. I have been successful getting the two screen tutorial working on the board.

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

The tutorial really has all the code you need to make it work. What have you tried exactly? Could you share some code or your project?

Have you tried looking at the UI template "Scroll Wheel and List Example"? The code might frighten you but look only for the scrollwheel settings and user code in gui/src/screen1view.cpp.

/Romain

LDoyl.1
Associate II

Well, there is some good news. I think some of the problems that I ran into were due to the fact that I had "casex;" instead of "casex:" in Screen1View.hpp.

I installed 4.15 and reentered the code. One of the REALLY nice improvements with 4.15 is included link to documentation AND the links to sample projects that can be looked at. In reviewing the code in the example with the scroll wheel, I noticed that my last problem with the numbers in the scrollwheel not changing from "00" or "?0" was due to the fact that I had forgotten to put in the character range in the typography screen.

I have it working now in both the simulator and the '469i-disco board. I am now working on the real project. Having the samples to look at will be a huge assist to us newbies.😎 This is a very nice tool. The fact that I am a hardware engineer and attempting to learn C++ and TouchGFX with limited assistance from the experienced C++ programmers (they have their work to do) hasn't helped much.

The forums are a big help and I really tried before crying for help as the struggle is how I learn the details. Thanks for the rapid response.