cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto check custom board project in TouchGFX simulator ?

bully
Senior

Hello,

I have a GUI, that is also combined with another tasks in the project.

So we have some custom includes in the code of GUI.

I wonder if we are able to check this GUI also in simulator.

When I try to run Simulator, it complains about missing custom files in include statements...

Can I just somehow solve, because I'd only like to try the TouchGFX part of the project.

Is there any more info on how Simulator builds ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Short answer, No. The structure of TouchGFX Applications are so that the GUI will run on top of any HAL (Target HAL or Simulator HAL - SDL2 HAL). So, the "Run simulator" button from TouchGFX Designer will invoke a call to compile and link against an SDL2 platform while your CubeIDE project will link against a concrete library for some MCU family.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

My guess is that you're trying to compile target-specific code for a simulator, which naturally won't work. Guard target specific code with

#ifndef SIMULATOR 
 //target specific code
#endif

How did you create the project? All projects come with simulator makefiles and can be run from the designer.

Thanks for hint, this seems doable, sincer I guess we have only 2 or 3 such includes...

But let me ask another question regarding simulator.

Let's say that I have TouchGFX project that lies inside CubeIDE project. Can I somehow compromise anything regarding the whole CubeIDE project if I run the TouchGFX part in simulator ?

Thanks in advance,

regards.

Short answer, No. The structure of TouchGFX Applications are so that the GUI will run on top of any HAL (Target HAL or Simulator HAL - SDL2 HAL). So, the "Run simulator" button from TouchGFX Designer will invoke a call to compile and link against an SDL2 platform while your CubeIDE project will link against a concrete library for some MCU family.