cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File .ioc not generated

luke514
Senior

Hello everyone! I created my first project on the STM32F429I using TouchGFX by following several tutorials on the Internet.

I have a big problem: after setting the graphics on TouchGFX and generating the code .. when I open the project in STM32CubeIDE the .ioc file does not appear (I don't think it even exists in the project directory).

I don't have enough skills and I am not able to replace the functionality of the .ioc file .. i.e. I can't manually initialize peripherals like CAN bus, ADC etc. and I would really need the .ioc file.

The first solution I tried was to install CubeMX, but I don't know how to link the 3 softwares: CubeMX + System Workbench + TouchGFX.

So I am asking for any kind of procedure (other than using CubeMX) to solve this problem and see the .ioc file created.

STM32CubeIDE version: 1.10

TouchGFX version 4.20

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@luke514​ First, let's simplify the situation by excluding the System Workbench.

The CubeIDE is the new Eclipse IDE and it supports both TouchGFX and usual STM32 development.

It uses the same kind of C/C++ GNU toolchain as the System Workbench.

It can also import System Workbench projects found in older ST examples.

But it cannot automagically create an .ioc file from existing code.

Here you can find helping hands to make .ioc file for your board.

luke514
Senior

I think it's a problem of version incompatibility or something similar.

In most of the tutorials I see online when generating the TouhGFX code, the .ioc file is also automatically generated :\

I will take a look at the link you sent me, thank you!

@luke514​  CubeMX knows many boards and for these it can give you a "default" .ioc instantly. I thought you know this already. For custom boards, it cannot. Same if you need to modify functions of a ready board.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @luke514​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

As @Pavel A.​ mentioned SW4STM32 is an old tool and the CubeIDE took it's place.

So in your case you will be needing STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMx in addition to TouchGFX.

In addition if you start your project from the TouchGFX tool it will generate an *.ioc file and an STM32CubeIDE project.

In the TouchGFX UI click on "Files" and it will open the TouchGFX project location.

0693W00000Svp6VQAR.png 

Go a level up in the in that path and you will be able to find the *.ioc file and the CubeIDE project folder.

0693W00000Svp7dQAB.png 

PS I am using TouchGFX 4.20, CubeIDE1.10 and CubeMx 6.6.1.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Nikos Mich.
Associate II

Hello, everyone! As Semer pointed out I can find the ioc file if I go a level up in the path. But in the tutorials found on the internet, the ioc file is already a part of the project files as it is supposed to be. Does this mean that the board is configured with code instead of this ioc file? How can I integrate this ioc file into the project and won't this cause a conflict between the code generated by the ioc file and the code created by touchGFX that already exists (if it does) in the project ?

Kind regards,

Nikos