cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR IN TOUCH GFX 4.21.4

OWLchan
Associate III

i am having problem when i try to use demo or create a project, these errors keep repeating even when i restart the app i have uninstalled 4.21.3 and installed the latest version but it keeps crashing.

Did I skip any steps during code generation or initial setup?

​4.21.4
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bipKmQAI.png

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bin0uQAA.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bimzmQAA.png.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OWLchan
Associate III

ok touchgfx worked, after the 2nd reinstall of windows, maybe it's not very friendly with local languages, hopefully in the future i can use it in vietnamese, my approach seems a bit waste time. hope others have a better way of doing it.

this is how i made touch work properly

-reinstall windows with default language and default keyboard(united kingdom), don't edit anything.

- the initial microsoft account login seems to affect it too. (or because i have a vietnamese account).

in the end i want someone with a better solution than me, reinstalling windows is quite time consuming...

Thanks everyone for the support.  
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjCmyQAE.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello OWLchan,

Could you send us your log when you reproduce the issue? The file is located at : C:\Users\YOUR_USE_NAME\AppData\Roaming\TouchGFX-4.21.4\TouchGFXDesigner

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

here it is, i also tried installing the older version 4.19.1 but it doesn't seem to work either.

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello OWLchan,

There's apparently an issue with your environment. Does your Windows is in Vietnamese? I can see that the Windows-1258 code format has been tried to be used but the ruby code converter doesn't support it (Encoding::ConverterNotFoundError in the logs).

My best guess would be to try to switch to an English-based Windows machine and see if the issue is still there.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

yes i use local language on my pc, and i have also seen some people have problem with the previous language ( turkish ) So i tried changing the language yesterday and installed reset the app, it still doesn't work. maybe I'll try reinstalling my own version of windows. I will be back soon.   
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bixaTQAQ.png

OWLchan
Associate III

ok i reinstalled my windows version in english it also disappeared the original error or rather i cant use touch gfx this is starting to take time already.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj634QAA.png 

Hello @OWLchan​,

Sorry for the inconvenience, that should not happen.

Did you already try to uninstall and re-install TouchGFX 4.21.4 ?

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
OWLchan
Associate III

ok touchgfx worked, after the 2nd reinstall of windows, maybe it's not very friendly with local languages, hopefully in the future i can use it in vietnamese, my approach seems a bit waste time. hope others have a better way of doing it.

this is how i made touch work properly

-reinstall windows with default language and default keyboard(united kingdom), don't edit anything.

- the initial microsoft account login seems to affect it too. (or because i have a vietnamese account).

in the end i want someone with a better solution than me, reinstalling windows is quite time consuming...

Thanks everyone for the support.  
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjCmyQAE.png

I reinstalled windows too, and it worked.

Me too have same issue after installing 4.21.4 from 4.21.1
My applications were working perfectly in version 4.21.1.

Is there any registry keys or something set by that version which breaks everything ?

The problem is, it will not work even if you uninstall 4.21.4 and reinstall 4.21.1.

I installed 4.22.0, still not working.